Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Slow Burners!

This is just a brief note cos I'm shattered from the gym and slumped on the sofa.

I have been really enjoying some 'slow burner' music as of late, you know the tracks that take a few 'listens' and they slowly build up?

Kylie Minogue's 'All The Lovers'
Scissor Sisters' 'Fire With Fire'
and slowly be surely Lady Gaga's 'Alejandro'

Skunk Anansie are testing the water at the European festivals with their coming new-release 'My Ugly Boy', which takes it's opening score straight from their much-earlier 'We Love Your Apathy', also a slow burner. Their new album is out in September and I've already got the tickets for their Brixton gig come November, huzzah!

Having said that, the most self-played track this week is still Gaga's 'Bad Romance'. Waiting for Semi Precious Weapons' 'Semi Precious Weapons' to be subtitled as well, they are supporting Le Gaga on tour.

Strangely when my iPod's 'Travelling Tunes' library is on shuffle it has been largely 80's pop on my way into work, is my iPod trying to tell me something here?! No complaints though, Pet Shop Boys, Dead or Alive, Communards, Frankie Goes To Hollywood and the like, can't beat them!

I would post up the subtitled videos to my blog if I was able to, alas the big music companies pull them from YouTube. So much for increasing the access to music for the deaf and hard of hearing! Shame on them! They should offer the option of fully in-sync subtitles from the word go anyway with their artistes music videos! Don't get me started on the lack of subtitling with music DVD's for that matter either, it just makes my blood boil! Anyway all of this if for another evening, I'm off back to slump down.

Ciao,

Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment